North Carolina  |  Medical Malpractice

My mom takes Lisinopril for her kidneys because she is diabetic. Her pharmacy called today telling her that since last November, they have been giving her the wrong dose. She is supposed to take 2.5mg and they were giving her 20mg of this medicine. She had no idea she was taking the wrong dose until her pharmacy called today. Does she have a case to sue?

Answered on: 2/23/12, 7:28 pm by Rachel Hunter

It depends. Your mother needs to see a personal injury lawyer - I do not practice in this area. However, if she has no damages, then the answer is no.

She will have to discuss with her doctor what the side effects of taking a dose that is 10 times the amount she was supposed to take will be given that she took the drug for 3 months. I am not a doctor and don't know if the drug has harmful side effects if taken in large doses over time or not.

Attorney address not available