Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Baby injured by UPS driver delivering packages to school

My 16 month old daughter was injured by a UPS driver delivering packages to my childrens school with his hand truck. The metal part on the end wacked right into the side of her face causing an instant bruise and obvious trauma to her. She was in her stroller at the time and the delivery man was walking up the ramp with the packages that were possible obstructing his view. She was unfortunately at the exact level of the bottom of the hand truck that he had tilted back to push up the ramp. Three days later her bruise has gotten worse and I cringe everytime I look at it. Knowing what she went through because of negligence. What are my rights legally and can I sue for her pain and suffering?

Asked on 10/15/06, 12:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Judy Tseng Wake Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Baby injured by UPS driver delivering packages to school

You could get a local attorney to write a letter to UPS. Also, take pictures ASAP of the bruising before it goes away. Unless there are severe injuries requiring medical attention or long-lasting problems, this is not worth suing over. A local attorney can help you get a settlement at most. If you need a referral, please email me privately, tell me what town you live in, and I will recommend someone for you.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/06, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now