North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Ok, my friend was involved in a five car pile up that took place because of another accident that had just happen up the road. My friend was in the center of the wreck. Third vehicle, in the middle. She slid into the car in front of her, she was driving down hill. She felt two blows from behind her. No one was given a ticket. The officer wrote up 5 reports. However the last vehicle was given a code. ( 8 and 10 ). I understood this to be the last car did not try to slow down, or reduce his speed. My friend has not heard anything and no one has contacted her about what needs to be done. She is in pain and has no car or vehicle to drive. What can be done about this. What are her options from this point on? Thanks for your time and help in answering this question for us. No adjuster has attempted to take a look at her car which we feel is now totaled.

Answered on: 9/19/13, 5:37 pm by Kenneth Love

Tell her to hire a personal injury attorney ASAP

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103

Answered on: 9/20/13, 9:45 am by Brent Adams

Your friend is in a complicated situation, which is particularly difficult without the help of an experienced car accident attorney. When it comes time for your friend to file a claim with the insurance company, and so many vehicles are involved in an accident, it is a challenge to determine fault.

First, be sure to secure copies of the five official police reports you referenced. There should be some indication on who officials believe was responsible for the accident. Hopefully your friend or other accident victims were able to collect contact information from others who were involved in the accident or anyone who witnessed the accident. Also, take pictures of the accident scene if possible.

Outside of these preliminary steps, and to reinforce other responses here to your question, your friend needs to consult with a car accident attorney. Most attorneys, like those at our firm, will meet with victims in their homes or hospitals during recovery if they are not well enough to make it to one of our offices.

Brent Adams & Associates NC Personal Injury Lawyers 3200 Wake Forest Road, Suite 275 Raleigh, NC 27609