Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

Ex girlfriend had a cat the bit and scratched me and i had to seek medical attention. Do i have any legal right to get her to pay for the medical bills in small claims court?

Asked on 1/01/13, 2:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Adams Brent Adams & Associates NC Personal Injury Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Several factors will affect your animal attack case. Have you suffered any permanent injuries as a result of the cat bite? Did you miss time from work and as a result lost wages? Other information that will help determine your injury case is where the attack took place and if the cat has a history of aggression and attacks.

North Carolina laws require that every cat or dog that bites a human be reported to your local health director, and the animal must be quarantined for 10 days. You as a victim and your ex-girlfriend as the cat's owner both have responsibility in reporting this cat bite.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions about your cat injury case. We have more information about cat bite injuries in our blog:

Brent Adams & Associates Raleigh Personal Injury Lawyers


Read more
Answered on 1/02/13, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now