North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/29/08, 3:58 pm

Glass Door Accident at Apt Complex

In Jan. it will be a yr. of an accident I had at an apt complex in NC. I went through an old glass panel door and received 61 stiches on my arms and face. The police came when my husband called 911 and because we had be arguring, they arrested him and later on dismissed the case. I wanted to know if it were possible for me to sue the apt complex for having such an old unstable glass panel door as my main enterance to my apt.

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/01/08, 11:21 pm by Wesley Everett

Re: Glass Door Accident at Apt Complex

You can always sue. However, NC is a Contributory Negligence State, so depending on the facts, you may have problems winning.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Everett Law Firm, P.A. 1829 East Franklin St., Ste 1100-D Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search