Legal Question in Personal Injury in North Carolina

My son sold is car back in 2009 the car was in my name. The buyer of the car got into a wreck and at the time the car was still in my name without any insurance. The Insurance company is trying to make me pay it back and take my license away. Is there anything I can do about this?

How could your son sell your car without your knowledge or consent? What about title to the car? if it was titled in your name, then it was your car. Who signed that?

The buyer was required to get the vehicle titled in his name and get insurance on the vehicle within 30 days of the sale. He obviously did not do that. Did you/your son get a bill of sale? Did you surrender your plates at the time you cancelled your insurance?

If you did not do those things to protect yourself then you are going to be stuck.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in North Carolina