North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Can I be sued?

I rolled into the back of another car at a stop light. she stated to me that she was just ''shaken up'' we called the police and filed a report. when the officer handed me the claim he stated i don't see any damages, except one small scatch on the bumper with a paint chip missing. then he gave me a weird look and stated ''she acts like she was ran over so she probably is going to try and get some insurance money'' She was clearly not hurt and damages were very minimal. Should i be afraid of having to pay more than the repairs to her bumper? I have car insurance. Where should i go from h ere to protect myself?

Answered on: 11/15/06, 10:01 am by MIchael Lewis

Re: Can I be sued?

Simply turn this over to your liability insurance carrier and let them handle it for you---that's why you have them.

Lewis & Daggett, Attorneys at Law 285 Executive Park Blvd Winston Salem, NC 27103

Answered on: 11/15/06, 11:18 am by Judy Tseng

Re: Can I be sued?

Contact your own insurance company and tell them what happened. They will handle it for you. Since it doesn't sound like a big wreck, it is unlikely that you will be sued. Good luck.

Wake Law Office 3800 Paramount Pkwy. Suite 130 Morrisville, NC 27560-6950