Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

good morning-

I lived in my house for 11+ yrs, my husband lost his job and we fell behind in the payments. i tried to get a loan modification through the lending company with no luck, they foreclosed and resold the house and land--seems to me after being in the house that long (and the land was ours) that they should have worked with me better? im i correct in this?

Asked on 5/15/13, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Morally and practically speaking, yes. Legally speaking, maybe. Without knowing who the lender was, the terms of your individual mortgage, and the ability for a modification to be granted, there is no way to know if you were legally wronged.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now