Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

If I (the landlord) cut of power to my tenants house (power contract is in my name) for non payment, is it considered forceful eviction?

Asked on 8/06/13, 4:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

DO NOT DO THIS. It is an illegal eviction. If you need tenants out, you need to file for an eviction.

Read more
8/06/13, 6:40 pm
Jeff Rosner Rosner Law Firm P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can not take measures like this. File a summary ejectment action in small claims court.

Read more
8/07/13, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now