Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

My mother-in-law recently died. My husband and I have been separated for fifteen years, never legally divorced. We own seventy-five acres of land as tenants by the entirety. I own a home on the land but I am interested in buying my mother-in-laws home as well and giving my daughter my current home. My husband insists that I do not own that specific piece of land that the home sits on. What should my next step be?

Asked on 7/30/13, 10:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to speak to a real estate attorney to do a title search. You mentioned your mother in law so I suspect you believe or your estranged husband told you that she had an interest in the property as well.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 4:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now