Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

Can a power of attorney authorize a limited real estate power of attorney for a third person?

i.e. my sister in law is power of attorney for her father in Florida. I am his son in law and want to sell his house in North Carolina. My father in law is a stroke victim and cannot sign any forms, can my sister in law do it?

Asked on 6/01/13, 4:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to post this question in the Florida forums. Florida law is different than NC law and his residence, not where the property is located will control as to his ability to sign any particular forms.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/13, 4:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now