Legal Question in Real Estate Law in North Carolina

I cannot recieve property from my reposed vehicle without paying a fee? Is this legal?

Its not illegal. I don't know what a reposed vehicle is. Do you mean repossessed? If a repossessed vehicle is involved, why is this listed as a real estate matter?

In NC, creditors can use self-help to repossess a vehicle. If you had personal items in the car, that's too bad. If you were behind on your car payments then you knew or should have known that your car could have been repossessed at any time.

Now that it has been, you need to figure out what you want to do. You may want to consider filing bankruptcy. If it has been 10 days or less since your car was repo'd you may be able to get the car back. If you don't want to file bankruptcy and will never be able to get the car back, then pay the fee and get your stuff back.

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

It is not legal to charge a fee to get your personal belongings back as they have no right to keep them. You can press the issue but if they refuse, the easiest path may be to pay the fee if you have no desire tog et the vehicle back.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in North Carolina