North Carolina  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/26/01, 1:30 am

Surviorship deeds, changes after divorce

My father , myself and (now) ex-husband are all equal owners in our north carolina house. Since my divorce, my father would like to make sure my ex does not recieve his one -third portion upon his death. Can he transfer his portion to me now? what else could he or I do to prevent my exhusband from inheriting a home my father financially paid for 50%? This was not part of the divorce settlement and My dad wants to make sure my ex does not have more than a third after his death. Is this possible?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search