Legal Question in Social Security Law in North Carolina

social securtyI

I use to be on social security, went back to work, they said that they over payed me 6000.00, which I am repaying.this has been over ten years. I am now very sick with fibromyaliga, high blood, artiritis, had knee surgery, just can get up and down and can not walk correct. Can I be reinstated, and how would the over payment be handled?

Re: social securtyI

You should immediately contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 and ask that they either reinstate your benefits or start a new claim. Which one you can do depends on many factors, including how long you have been back to work, and what decision was made when you were cut off before (was it due to completion of a trial work period or did they determine that you had medically improved and therefore were no longer disabled?). As far as your balance due, you can either request a waiver of the remaining balance, or ask that they simply take a small portion of your reinstated benefits each month to pay it back. Good luck.

More Social Security Law questions and answers in North Carolina