North Carolina  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/25/05, 4:30 pm

SSDI Child Support

My wife has been getting SSDI child support since her ex-husband was disabled. She just received a letter from the social security administration that her ex-husband may have been working since 2001. If this is found to be true, can the SSA require her to pay back the money? She had no knowledge of him working or earning an income. Plus, he has never paid her any child support from his pocket. It seems that the ex-husband would be the one liable for repaying the money. Please explain the ramifications. Thanks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search