Legal Question in Tax Law in North Carolina

I took my last year tax papers to a tax office and they wont givve my papers back they had them two months now they wont answer the phone or say they'll call back and never do can I sue them

Asked on 5/15/13, 3:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can sue, but you would have to prove damages. The tax preparer keeping your papers is most likely not acceptable, but your damages in court would likely not be much. I recommend contacting the IRS and the NC Attorney General who can put pressure on them to return your items.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now