North Carolina  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/17/13, 6:32 am

I sold my car on Sunday morning to someone through craiglist. The person said that he will drop my number plate to DMV while registering this car on Tuesday. He made a sale deed but it wasn't notarized. I wasn't aware of the process and hence gave him car with my number plate on it. On Tuesday I called him to confirm that did he return my number plate, to my surprise he said that car was totaled in an accident on Sunday evening. Now he says that I will get my number plate after car comes back from insurance agency. Please suggest me what should I do.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search