Legal Question in Traffic Law in North Carolina

I sold my car on Sunday morning to someone through craiglist. The person said that he will drop my number plate to DMV while registering this car on Tuesday. He made a sale deed but it wasn't notarized. I wasn't aware of the process and hence gave him car with my number plate on it. On Tuesday I called him to confirm that did he return my number plate, to my surprise he said that car was totaled in an accident on Sunday evening. Now he says that I will get my number plate after car comes back from insurance agency. Please suggest me what should I do.

Kenneth Love Ken Love Law

Go to your local license place office and tell them that you sold the car, and that the new owner was going to transfer the plates but that the car was lost and that you want to cancel the plates.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in North Carolina