Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina

My brothers and I have inherited our parents home. We have been told that our spouses must also sign in order for it to be put in our names. Why?

Asked on 3/07/12, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Because your spouses' have inchoate marital rights in the property. Have them sign.

Read more
Answered on 3/07/12, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now