North Carolina  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/08/11, 6:53 pm

My father is in frail health. He has named his granddaughter as Power of Attorney, but my mother, sister and I do not trust her. We believe she is abusing her position as POA. Neither do we trust my nephew who is also acting in a legal and financial agent, in cohorts with this granddaughter. She has taken some of my father's property (a pistol, in this case) and given it to him. I do not think my nephew should have anything of my father's. I asked for the pistol back but he never seems to be able to remember to bring it by. What legal rights do I have to change the Power of Attorney over to me or someone else more trustworthy?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search