Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in North Carolina


My father recently died in North Carolina and he left a Will. However, as I am one of his heirs, I've never been notified if he left any inheritance to me..What legal step should I take to obtain a copy of his Will??? Can I be disinherited in North Carolina.???.If so, what legal recourse do I have to contest the Will??? Thank you....

Asked on 8/24/02, 5:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Wills

Someone has to contact the appropariate court in NC to see if the will was filed for probate and a fiduciary appointed. They can answer your questions.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/02, 5:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in North Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now