North Carolina  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/14/98, 10:54 pm

Emmployee rights to a Second Opinion

I suffered a back injury at work. My work is repetitive. I reported the injury to my employer in November of 97. I knew it was more than a back sprain, have been to the company orthropedist at least four times,and he keeps saying it is only sore muscles. Two days ago the company told meIi should step down from my position/ or try to do my regular job. I tried, but couldn't continue. My back gave out on me like the first time, only this time the pain and numbness was worse--I couldn't move the affected side.This time I had to be ambulated to the hospital for treatment. I kept telling that doctor something is still wrong with me, that it is more then a back sprain. I told the human resource mgr. too. He's insensitive. What can i do to help myself--I feel like I'm in a corner.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search