Legal Question in Workers Comp in North Carolina

Emmployee rights to a Second Opinion

I suffered a back injury at work. My work is repetitive. I reported the injury to my employer in November of 97. I knew it was more than a back sprain, have been to the company orthropedist at least four times,and he keeps saying it is only sore muscles. Two days ago the company told meIi should step down from my position/ or try to do my regular job. I tried, but couldn't continue. My back gave out on me like the first time, only this time the pain and numbness was worse--I couldn't move the affected side.This time I had to be ambulated to the hospital for treatment. I kept telling that doctor something is still wrong with me, that it is more then a back sprain. I told the human resource mgr. too. He's insensitive. What can i do to help myself--I feel like I'm in a corner.

Alex Simanovsky Alex Simanovsky & Associates, LLC

Worker's Compensation Question

Under Georgia Worker's Compensation Law an employee is entitled to a second-opinion at the employee's expense. You may not need a second opinion now that you have injured yourself further. If your condition has worsened to such an extent that you can not perform your job functions (at this time), you should file for Worker's Compensation benefits. If you need further assistance please contact my office. Sincerely yours, Alex Simanovsky

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in North Carolina

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms