North Carolina  |  Workers Comp

Second Opinion

I injured my arm at work and had surgery. My doctor closed my case with restrcitions and a disabiltiy rating of 11%. The doctor placed permaanent restrictions that specifically included me not to restrain inmates or participate in self defense training which is required by my job. As a result if this I will loose my job. I requested a second opinion and the workers comp said the only way they would approve it is if I disagreed with my rating, so that is what I did.The 2nd doctor said that he did not agree with the restrictions and that I could perform my job. My workers comp will not honor that they said that they paid him for a rating review not his opinion. They now want to go back and see if Dr. # 1 will change his restrictions.

What are my rights and what can I do? How can one doctors opinion cost me my job?