Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Dakota

I got pulled over yesterday and didnt have my insurance card with me, it was with my husband 70 miles away. He also changed our insurance that day to a different company but our payment didnt go through until after I got pulled over.He works 4 hours away and parks our car at his bosses shop. He is also gone 3 weeks out of the month. I went to the different city and got our other insurance card and realized it has lapsed. I dont deal with the insurance or car issues he does because I deal with everything else. So today I took in the proof of our new insurance and took it to the officer he told me I had to prove what time I got the insurance and I called and the insurance company said that the only time they can put down is the time the payment went through. I just need to know if I should pay the ticket or if they should honor it because on our policy it stated that we were covered as of 12am that day? So should I just pay the fine and if I do and pay it beore the court date do I still have to appear before the judge? Also he did not issue me the ticket until the next day. I got pulled over for not having plates on my new vehicle yet and it has been 2 months since I had it. I know I am wrong but we just moved here a year ago from another state and I didnt know the law and cant get to the dmv due to my work hours. I will pay that fine but jeez he told me I was a criminal and that he should have arrested me in front of my children. Ya you can say I went into a panic attack.

Ross Brandborg Brandborg Law, PC

You will have to appear in court. If you plead guilty and pay the ticket the State of ND is likely to suspend your license for a time. If your drivers license is important, about your only choice is to get a lawyer involved and have him/her try and find a solution for you.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Dakota