Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I would like to know what I would lose if I divorced my wife of 4 years

My wife and I have been legally married for only four years. We own a home together. I sold my own home and put all of the profit into the new home. We make very close to the same income per year. If I am employed all year? I just want to know what the next step would be on pursuing the divorce. Also if I would lose everything because of it?

Stephen Daray Sciangula & Daray

Re: I would like to know what I would lose if I divorced my wife of 4 years

To the extent you can trace your current equity back to your separate property, then you should be able to recover your premarital property. Otherwise what property you have acquired over the last four years is half yours and halkf hers. The key is whether you can trace your premarital property. Please call me at 440.835.8200 if you need to take this matter further. Stephen E.S. Daray.

Frank Gresley Law Office of Frank X. Gresley, LLC

Your question raises some issues as to part of your current house being separate property. In your situation the first thing you need to do is to seek the advice of an attorney before proceeding further. However, you wont lose everything in a divorce, the presumption is generally an even split, however it could tilt one way or the other depending on the totality of the circumstances. Please feel free to contact me for additional information.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio