Ohio  |  Business Law

employment position

I am a 43 year old woman that works for a private company LA Weight Loss in Dayton Ohio. I lived in nothern Ky. up until 2 months ago. I was told due to the promotion that I have just been give of the new Dayton Area Supervisor I must move to Dayton for the promotion at my own expense. Thursday of last week my superior and myself were told that the company was doing some realiegning and that our positions were being elimanated, or given to three other people that work for LA Weight Loss. I have no corrective action against me , no write up of any sort. I was told that I could have a temp. position to be the acting corporate trainer, which I have no training myself on, nor do I want the job. I have no idea what this temp. position pays, however, I do know it is less than what I was making. I remarried two and a half months ago and my new husband had to put up his condo for lease, and we had to rent an apartment that is $300.00 more a month and much smaller than what we are use to. My husband has to drive an extra 30 mins. each way back and forth from Cincinnati to Dayton everyday for work. Now that I have a temp. position it has made me fear for what is going to happen next. I am so upset by all that has transpired. Am I just SOL?

Answered on: 1/16/07, 1:19 pm by Shalem Shem-Tov

Re: employment position

You are not necessarily SOL. Depending on several factors, you could sue the company under several contract theories. If you relied upon their promise of the promotion, and your reliance caused you damages (financial or otherwise, for example: $300/mo. due to the move), you would have a case. Feel free to get in touch if you have any more questions.

The Shem-Tov Law Firm, Inc. 5940 Lindley Avenue Encino, CA 91316