Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Ohio

I was charged with a felony for receiving an over payment of food stamps; I pay restitution but they gave me my money back. Why is that still on my record?

Asked on 2/23/11, 2:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew J Ruzicho II Law offices of Andrew J Ruzicho II
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A conviction remains on your record indefinitely even if you have paid the price in terms of making restitution or serving prison time. For example, a person who was convicted of robbery and serves his sentence in prison still has the robbery conviction on his record. If you are a first time offender and your conviction qualifies, you can apply for an expungement of the conviction. For more info visit

Read more
Answered on 2/24/11, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now