Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Ohio

Can my ex husband sue me for slander if I told an on duty officer that he had just moved to his new residence after being evicted from his old residence? There in no falsity to the eviction. It is public record on the county's website of legal cases and judgements. He says he has consulted a paralegal and an attorney and will sue me for slander. Statement was not false and was made to a privileged class of persons.

Asked on 11/19/12, 6:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Truth is an absolute defense to sander or libel.

Read more
Answered on 11/20/12, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now