Legal Question in Consumer Law in Ohio

Time Warner Cable has been charging me for turbo internet speed for over a year. I was found out that the modem I have been using does not support Turbo. I have written correspondence, from a time warner support analyst, confirming that I was supposed to be notified of this prior to my service being upgraded. Can I seek additional compensation? What are my options?

Daniel Myers Myers Law, LLC

This may depend on whether Time Warner supplied you with the modem, or whether this was your own equipment, and what exactly they knew when they sold you and offered you the turbo speed internet. I have had my share of butting heads with Time Warner, and would be happy to talk with you.

It looks like you live in Twinsburg. I live in the same area, although my office is in downtown Cleveland. If you want feel free to email me at DMyers@MyersLawLLC.com or call my office number 216-236-8202 and we can set up a time to talk about this in more detail soon.

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

Mr. Myers is correct. You may have a case against them under the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act. I don't think that cable falls under the PUCO jurisdiction, but that might be something to look into. They also might have snuck an arbitration requirement into the contract you signed with them, but that might not be enforceable.

As I am in Franklin County, I think it would make more sense to work with Mr. Myers on this.

Good luck.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Ohio

Consumer Law Legal Forms