Ohio  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/09, 10:42 pm

I owe lorain city taxes apparently th ey were not taken care of when the batnkruptcy was filed discharged feb 2008. They sent it to a collection agency/lawyer who is demanding 200.00 down to start a payment plan they just rceived my bill a month ago and hang up on me rudely im not even sure if they are just a collection agency and when you talk to them they say this is an attempt to collect a debt.the total i owe is 300 and some dollars they now want to charge me 30% on top of it can they do this ? and what should I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/26/09, 12:42 pm by Dan Guinn

I have a lot of experience in this area and I would be happy to help you. You need an attorney to deal with these people because they will not listen to you. The first thing is they must show proof that you actually owe a debt. They cannot come after you if you do not actually owe anything. Sometimes these debt collectors will do this in an attempt to get you to pay money you don't actually owe. My fee is $50 an hour and I do payment plans with many of my clients.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at danguinn@theguinnlawfirm.com or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in anyway that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn


Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Guinn Law Firm, LLC 518 East 3rd St Dover, OH 44622

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search