Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

Hello I am a 21 year old college student. I am currently facing a potential marijuana charge because it was found in my car, but i honestly do not know how it got there. I am more than willing to submit to a drug test. At my second appearance in court all the prosecutor did was extend my court date until 2 weeks from right now. I have no priors and a clean record. I've never been to court before and i don't know what to say i get really nervous. I am mostly concerned about loosing the eligibility for financial aid at my college. What should i do? Remain as "not guilty" or change my plea to "guilty".

Asked on 4/01/13, 9:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Sauter Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should consult with a criminal defense attorney. Passing a drug test has no applicability as to whether or not you possessed marijuana on the date of your arrest. Put together some money and go see an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/13, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now