Ohio  |  Criminal Law

Back in June I was arrested on a felony 5 charge, the state of Ohio dropped the charges and the prosecutor stated that he would not present the case to the grand jury, and that the State did not want to pursue criminal charges. Today 10-17 I received a letter from my attorney that was addressed to him by the chief of police in the county where I was arrested. The letter states that Since the state of Ohio has elected not to proceed with the case, the Detective has presented to the charges to a federal prosecutor for review to see if the feds would like to pick the case up.. My question is, How likely is it that the feds will pick up the charges since the state has dropped them?

Keep in mind, this is my first time ever being in trouble with the law!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Answered on: 10/17/12, 7:06 pm by Adam Burke

As I'm sure you are aware, a 5th degree felony is the lowest level felony offense in the State of Ohio. It is incredibly unlikely that the federal government will take even the slightest interest in your case.

Attorney Adam Burke

http://attorneyadamburke.com/columbus-federal-criminal-defense-attorney/

Adam G Burke Attorney at Law LLC 575 S High St Columbus, OH 43215