Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

a couple weeks ago i crashed my car into a tree and air bag deployed and i cracked the windshield with my head. in panic and scared i fled from the scene .the police are chargeing me with fleeing the scene, obstructing police buisness and failure to control. if these charges can be reduced what can they be reduced to. my lawyer said the judge is probably going to assume i was drinking but cant prove it and will penalize me as if i was drinking. need advice

Asked on 4/12/13, 11:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The best advice is to listen to your lawyer. If you feel that your lawyer is not giving you good advice, then you will want to retain another lawyer for a second opinion. But you don't want to rely upon a free website to give you advice in an important matter like this one. When seeking advice from another attorney, make sure that the other attorney regularly practices criminal law and that he or she regularly practices in front of the judge in question. There is an old saying among trial lawyers: "A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge." Great lawyers know how judges are likely to look at cases because they will have had several similar cases before that judge and they will know his/her tendencies.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/13, 11:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now