Legal Question in Criminal Law in Ohio

If i have a m1 damage of property and am on probation and also have a probabtion violation for lettin a moinor drive and have a open case with that, if i leave the county and they put out a warrant would they extradite me

Asked on 4/18/11, 5:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

"Extradition" is a term used when the authorities of one state or nation agree to transport a person from one state or country to another against that person's will. There is no extradition between Ohio counties, you are merely sent from one county to another at their convenience.

So the answer is that if a warrant is put out for your arrest, while they might not actively seek you out, whenever you next come into contact with the police (busted taillight, getting hit by another car and giving your information to the police officer) then you will be in their records to be taken into custody.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/11, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now