Ohio  |  Discrimination Law

My daughter was harassed at school for a number of reasons, being thin, dressing strange, being a Pagan, and more! She came home one day and threatened to kill herself over this harassment. Do I have legal grounds to sue the school and the (main) bully? Where can I find a pro bono lawyer to help me in NorthWest Ohio? Due to the fact that they involved her religion, could the ACLU help? Or perhaps a similar group?

Answered on: 5/16/13, 1:26 pm by Joseph Jacobs

The most important thing going forward is that you clearly put the school district on notice of what has happened. You need to prove that you provided this information to them now. You also need to figure out what you want them to do about it and make that request to them in writing. A school district is only liable for problems if you have notified them and they refused to help you.

The Jacobs Legal Group 15614 Detroit Avenue Cleveland, OH 44107