Legal Question in DUI Law in Ohio

I was charged with an underage drinking charge in Pennsylvania when I was 16. I did the diversion program and completed it. A few weeks ago I received an underage possession of alcohol in Ohio (I am now 20 years old). I was given the diversion program and have already paid for it. When I met with a person at the court they asked if I was ever in a diversion program before and I didn't know what to say because I thought if I didn't qualify for it that would have not let me start it in the first place. My question is will they be able to find that I was involved in one before or should I just tell them I was in one when I was 16? I am an education major by the way so how will this affect my future?

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC

This message is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

Hire an attorney. Your teaching career may very well be very adversely affected if you are convicted of this current charge. The attorney will do some research may be able to cut a deal that keeps this off the record.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Ohio