Ohio  |  DUI Law

Hello, I was charged with underage drinking over this past weekend.I am 19 and I'm a college student. I arrived at a party around 1230 am right after i got studying.... I had one beer and then the police showed up. They arrested 23 people. I was not given a breath test, and i asked for one more than once. I did tell the police I had one beer, i was under the impression that they would give me a breath test. I was wondering what to expect in court. This is my second offense, the first one was possession of drug paraphernalia that was settled with a bond forfeiture. These offences are in two different counties. I am considering getting a lawyer and trying to fight the charges. I want to get the charges dropped so i can still get my paraphernalia charges expunged next year. Any help?

And i forgot to mention that the police picked 2 locked before getting to me. They also pushed the home owner's son out of the way not even allowing him to question there presence. ( Could not find Underage drinking or Drinking laws so i put DUI even though we were at a house party)

Answered on: 12/05/10, 4:07 pm by Neil Rubin

You have raised a number of legal issues including, but not limited to, fundamental Constitutional rights. If you want to expunge the paraphernalia conviction you can not have ANY MORE convictions. Otherwise, you can not even apply to expunge. So, don't CONSIDER getting a lawyer, get one now. These cases could haunt you for the rest of your life, especially in the employment context we currently have in this state.

Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC PO Box 691 Twinsburg, OH 44087