Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio


Ok, I'm 15, decent grades, have a job soon, and mother is very irresponsible. I do want to join the Marines, but I have a girlfriend who could possibly be pregnant with my child. We are very seriouse. I was wondering what would be the best way for me to get an amansipation agreement. I was also wandering if the Marines would help me with it, would the pregnancy effect it? And if so, in a good or bad way? My mother is currently on probation, 2 mistomeanors, and recently got ejected from a local jail on counts of Over the Limit Driving, possetion, and unpayed court fees. Could this help my case at all. Please help me, I've only come here on last resort. Thank you.

Asked on 3/15/09, 1:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Amansipation

You sound like a person with a very positive attitude and that's a good thing. Many of the responsibilities that you are considering right now will affect you for the rest of your life. You should seek advice from adults you can trust and adults who are professionals. Have you tried your guidance counselor at school? Is there a minister you know of? Is there someone else's parent, besides your girlfriend's, you think would have good judgment? You might also be able to go to juvenile court with these concerns.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 10:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now