Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Amansipation

Ok, I'm 15, decent grades, have a job soon, and mother is very irresponsible. I do want to join the Marines, but I have a girlfriend who could possibly be pregnant with my child. We are very seriouse. I was wondering what would be the best way for me to get an amansipation agreement. I was also wandering if the Marines would help me with it, would the pregnancy effect it? And if so, in a good or bad way? My mother is currently on probation, 2 mistomeanors, and recently got ejected from a local jail on counts of Over the Limit Driving, possetion, and unpayed court fees. Could this help my case at all. Please help me, I've only come here on last resort. Thank you.

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.

Re: Amansipation

You sound like a person with a very positive attitude and that's a good thing. Many of the responsibilities that you are considering right now will affect you for the rest of your life. You should seek advice from adults you can trust and adults who are professionals. Have you tried your guidance counselor at school? Is there a minister you know of? Is there someone else's parent, besides your girlfriend's, you think would have good judgment? You might also be able to go to juvenile court with these concerns.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio