Ohio  |  Family Law

I am the custodial parent of my six month old child. Today, September 26th, 2009, I received a text message from the child's father which stated, "We have a court date on November 9th but effective immediately I have temporary visitation on Sundays 12-6 Wednesdays 5:30-8:30." He stated that he has paperwork and I should have something in my mailbox. When I got home there was a notice from the Post Office that I had certified mail which I am not able to retreive until 8:00 am Monday morning. If I am not home tomorrow, which is when visitation is due to begin, because I had prior engagements, would I be in contempt of court or would there be any other legal action that could be taken against me? Thank you for the advice!

Answered on: 9/27/09, 12:29 pm by Dan Guinn

You need to have notice before you can be held in contempt of court. If you have not received any official notice about this then I would not give the child's father visitation. He needs to produce proof that he is actually entitled to visitation.

Why is he seeking additional visitation time? He has to have a good reason in order to do this.

I would be happy to represent you in this process.

Feel free to contact me, free of charge, at danguinn@theguinnlawfirm.com or at 330-447-7634. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Dan Guinn

www.theguinnlawfirm.com

Guinn Law Firm-"Affordable Rates, Outstanding Service"

Guinn Law Firm, LLC 518 East 3rd St Dover, OH 44622