Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

My daughter and her boyfriend was never married and they have a son he wants us to buy all formula diapers and babyfood and doesn't pay childsupport he brought my grandson home with first degree sunburn on arms legs and face and there is no arrangement in court we are getting ready to go file would it hurt her case if I don't send him back to his fathers until we go to court I'm afraid he will hurt this child or take off with him. Thanks a concern grandmother

Asked on 6/20/13, 3:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, if there is no court order establishing that he is the father and granting him visitation, then you would not be in violation of any court orders if you prevented him from seeing the child. This is especially the case if the mother agrees that he should not see the child. If the child was injured through the sunburn incident, then you should contact children's services and report it to them.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 4:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now