Ohio  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/19/13, 9:11 am

I filed a motion in Pennsylvania for the common wealth to relinquish their rights to my custody order of my daughter to Trumbull County, Ohio. The motion was granted. I got a letter in the mail for PA stating that the court “now relinquishes all jurisdictions over this custody case to Trumbull County, Ohio. The Prothonotary of Crawford County is to transfer the record to the appropriate keeper of the civil record and family law records of Trumbull County, Ohio.”

Here are my questions:

1. If I don’t file a motion to register the case in Ohio, does jurisdiction revert back to PA?

2. If not, are there consequences to me not filing the motion?

3. Since OH hasn’t picked up the case can they still enforce the order?

4. If not, does it mean that I have full custody of my daughter until the father files for something in the state of Ohio?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/19/13, 1:22 pm by James Slater

To properly answer your question, we would like to offer you a free consultation with an experienced attorney.

To schedule your free consultation, please visit the following link:


We look forward to hearing from you!

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Slater & Zurz LLP 1392 Som Center Road Mayfield Heights, OH 44124

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search