Ohio  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/20/13, 7:10 am

Now I'm not looking for judgement just legal help if anyone has any knowledge that can help me. My boyfriend has been separated from his wife for over a year now and since they have a 4 year old son together and neither has tons of money they have has a hard time getting this divorce(dissolution) finalized because either they didn't have the money for 2 lawyers go a fair case or she refused to sign papers. Either way she is now 1 month pregnant with her "fiances" baby who she lives with and she never had a problem with me dating her husband because they see each other as ex's but when I asked her nicely this week if she could please try to finalize this divorce soon before she complicates my boyfriends life with her pregnancy she freaked out on me and started ranting about how her personal life is none of my business and now she is gonna try to get a restraining order put on me so I can't be around her son or if she can send me to jail. I haven't done anything mean or wrong or harmful to her or her son or anyone in her family. I saved all the messages she sent me and I sent her. Can she actually get a restraining order put on me or something worse without any evidence of me endangering her or her son? I'm not looking for people to tell me to leave him or that I'm a home wrecker because I'm not but she just is mad for no reason. I know if she has to she will lie about me to get her way because she did that to her husband and ended up cheating on him. Can I do anything to prevent her from doing anything besides talking to her because she doesn't reason with people she just yells and threatens people. PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/20/13, 10:25 am by James Slater

To properly answer your question, we would like to provide you with a free consultation with one of our attorneys. To request your free consultation, please visit the following link:


We look forward to hearing from you!

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Slater & Zurz LLP 1392 Som Center Road Mayfield Heights, OH 44124

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search