Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Is being a lawyer worth it? I'm 16 and believe I would enjoy becoming an attorney I'm curios to here what people actually in the field have to say about your job please and thank you. Also a short description of your daily activity at your job would help greatly!

Tom Squires Squires Law Office

You are in my area and I thought I would respond to your curiousness.

Is it worth it ? Well.. Looking at the cost of education these days it seems that UA Law School is presently at $21k per year (3 years) and getting an undergrad at say KSU where I went is approximately $10k a year ( 4 years). So today it would cost approximately $101,000.00 just to be able to sit for the Bar Exam. Are you able to get scholarships for these expenses or will you be taking out loans or do you have some other means to pay for the expense ?

That would be the issue if I were considering this profession. Kent ( Class of '86) was $800 a semester for me ($1600) a year. UA Law School (Class of '89) was $ 2100. a year.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio