Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Have been married for 30 years legally separated for 15 years.spouse unwilling to co-opperate with legally ending marriage. What would be my best option divorce or dissolution no minor children no joint properties living in ohio

Asked on 7/01/13, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, a dissolution occurs when both parties wish to terminate the marriage and agree upon all of the issues like support payments and property division. If the parties do not agree, then a divorce occurs, which is a contested marital termination.

In Ohio, if you have been living separate and apart for over a year, this is a ground for a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 4:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now