Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

I have been taking care of this baby since she was born I even signed the birth certificate later we found one she wasn't my biological daughter, I still took the place and took care of her. Her mom is now trying to keep her from me do I have any rights?

Asked on 6/20/13, 1:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you were married at the time that the child was born, then there is a legal presumption that you are the child's father and you would have the right to go to the domestic relations court and request a custody arrangement that is in the best interests of the child. If you were not married, then the picture becomes a lot less clear, and you might not have any rights.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 4:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now