Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

Tomorrow is my first visitation with my kids since they got taken away. What can I do to get them back?

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio, you are going to have to show that being once again made the custodial parent is in the best interest of the children. Since you don't say why you lost them in the first place, it is difficult for me to give any specific advice on how best to get them back.

But in general, if you can stay clear of criminal charges, stay away from others who have criminal backgrounds, be gainfully employed for a long period of time, provide a stable home in a safe neighborhood, meet all of the obligations the court imposes upon you, then you are well on your way to having a good chance at showing that your having custody would be in the best interests of the children.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio