Legal Question in Family Law in Ohio

What will happen to my motion, If i file Motion for Contempt of court because ex does not give court and me his current address as stated in the divorce decree, and court was not able to serve him personally with the motion?

Asked on 7/16/11, 6:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Ohio, until your ex is served with the motion, it will be of no effect. You have the responsibility of serving him with the motion (even though the court has mechanisms to do this). If the court personnel can't find him, you may have to hire a private process server and/or a private investigator to find him and serve him. Then you can seek costs for all of that from him in your contempt proceeding as damages which flowed from his failure to keep you and the court advised as to his whereabouts.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/11, 6:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now