Legal Question in Medical Leave in Ohio

Can I use FMLA for a few weeks to care for unmarried daughter after she gives birth? I am her sole provider.

Asked on 8/11/10, 3:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This message is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

You sure can if you and your employer are covered by the FMLA:

1) your employer has at least 50 employees in a 75 mile radius

2) you have worked for at least one year with this employer

3) you have worked for at least 1250 hours for this employer in this year

4) Her Dr. certifies that your daughter has a serious condition which requires your help

You must fill out all the paperwork your HR department should have. Go there first. HR is also required to tell you that FMLA is available.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/10, 4:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now