Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Ohio

Summons in Civil Action

I was served papers from an individual wanting to sue me over the price of his vehicle. Under contract, I paid his car note and he allowed me to drive his car. He personally repossessed the car in Nov. and wants to sue me for the remainder of his loan. I have to serve the Plantiff with a copy of my answer within 28 days after service of the summons to me. I have no clue how to do this. Please help me...

Asked on 6/17/08, 12:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Peter Ezanidis Donnellon & Ezanidis, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Summons in Civil Action

Call our office for a free initial consultation. 6142231730

Read more
Answered on 6/17/08, 12:57 pm
J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Summons in Civil Action

Dear Summoned: Clearly, you have an excellent defense against the Plaintiff's claims.

However, because legal proceedings are complex and formsal, you should not attempt to file an answer ithout legal counsel. however, if you insist, go to the Office of the Clerk of Courts and ask them to assist you to prepare and file an Answer. If they cannot help you, contact Legal Aid in your city.

Good luck.

Sincerely, J. Norman Stark.

Read more
Answered on 6/17/08, 1:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now