Legal Question in Immigration Law in Ohio

My husband just received citizenship and is leaving the marriage. Is this considered abandonment? Is there any way I can go after him for taking my citizenship?

Asked on 9/14/13, 8:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, and there is nothing you can do. USCIS does not require that the sponsored immigrant spouse remain in the marriage indefinitely; only that the marriage was bona fide when it was entered into.

Now that he is a U.S. citizen, you just need to walk away & find a Family law attorney to represent you in your impending dissolution proceedings.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88433 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now