Legal Question in Employment Law in Ohio

I believe my former employer is giving slanderous and untrue references. What can I do?

Asked on 11/23/10, 8:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This message is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

If this slander is hurting you (prevent you from getting another job) you should hire an attorney to write what I call a "nasty gram". The letter should contain the facts of the situation and a brief statement of the law. Most importantly it should have a tacit "threat" that further legal process will be sought if they do not cease and desist.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/10, 12:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now